Using Practice IQ in conjunction with the other APS products has always been a powerful platform for ‘Practice Insights’. This theme continues with the latest version of Practice IQ that combines the traditional rich content and flexibility of a full data warehousing, reporting and analytics solution, with new exciting features to ensure everyone inside or outside a practice can benefit from insights derived from available data. The evolution of Practice IQ has seen real focus on combining data sets to fully understand a position, be it for an individual client, staff member, team or the firm as a whole. We are continually looking for better ways to deliver content to ensure that it is relevant, up-to-date and in formats fit for purpose. Insights can be available for all, whether it be every day access to a staff dashboard, consolidated client detail, running team meetings from group/team formats, extensive ad-hoc data investigations using built-in analytic structures or mobile access and analysis through Power BI. Practice IQ is the complete solution for delivering to all levels of a business.
Before requesting an upgrade, it is imperative that you check the pre-requisites.
If you are unsure whether you meet the pre-requisites, please log into MyAPS and log a support call here. Ask our Support Team to review your pre-requisites for Practice IQ10.1.
Understand the Upgrade
Watch the PIQ Upgrade Process video
to understand more what to expect from the upgrade. What happens, what’s left behind, what’s new, change management and the benefits of moving to the latest version.
Review the latest release notes and reference documents:
Main differences between PIQ10.1 and previous versions
- All PIQ components are deployed together (no longer a modular installation process i.e. Core / Tax / Workflow / etc).
- OWC (online pivot component) used in previous versions of PIQ is a Microsoft component that is no longer supported. Upgrade to PIQ10.1 mitigates this risk by replacing these with Excel templates connected to your PIQ data.
- PIQ10.1 is browser independent (no longer restricted to just IE).
- No client (user) side install components required with PIQ10.1 (OLAP Drivers etc.).
- Extensive suite of “out-of-the-box” dashboards targeted to all levels of the organisation.
- Dashboards can be customised (by Reckon) at request to swap out measures with others that exist in your PIQ solution.
- Incremental update of PIQ data enabled where required to allow for more regular data updates.
- Introduction of Power BI Templates and supporting reporting layers.
- Specialised data sets for Client 360 Analysis, XPA Benchmarking and Practice KPIs.
When you've met the pre-requisites and you understand how this will affect your business, you are ready to schedule one of our technical consultants to book you in for an upgrade.
Please request an upgrade here
. While you wait, check out our videos for Practice IQ
to help you and the business prepare for the change.
We advise that any team member involved with the Practice IQ10. upgrade and deployment project should have viewed all of these videos before attending the one hour handover Q&A session as part of the upgrade.
The cost to install Practice IQ10.1 is $1,500.00 exclusive of GST. The following is included in the cost:
- Side by side deployment as to not affect any existing PIQ version or business operations in general.
- Deployment of the Incremental update solution if required.
- Minor configuration items to fit your requirements (i.e. custom Util % calculations), although large customisations will need to be scoped and quoted separately.
- A one hour handover Q&A session.
- The removal of the old version once you are ready to discontinue its use and have rolled out PIQ 10.1 to all users.