BankData for Accountants is available via our APS XPA 11 and above product version. This guide will assist with getting setup with BankData for Accountants. Using BankData for Accounting is a simple 3 step process once you have gone through the easy setup.
- Setup a Feed Collection with Bank feeds
- Code Transactions in BankData
- Transfer coded transactions into XPA
Find out more about how to setup your system for BankData and start using BankData.
Getting Started with BankData
1. Go to Advance > System and User Settings > View Settings > System > ACC
Check the links to BankData are correct as per the below:
- BankData api URL - https://bankdata.reckonapi.com
- BankData website URL - https://bankdata-web.reckon.com
2. Go to Advance > JOE Admin > View > JOE Rights> Select the group or user you wish to give access
3. Select Xcede Professional Accounting > XPA > Launch applications and check the BankData Available
Setup a Feed Collection for an XPA Ledger
1. Ensure your Ledger is linked to a Practice Management client record - more on how to do this in KA-01507
2. Open XPA >File > File Details and select the ellipses on the Feed Collection field to setup a new Feed Collection.
3. The ellipses opens the Link Feed Collection Screen
4. Select Add Feed Collection
- The Ledger name field is pre populated with the current XPA ledger internal name
- The region defaults to the country where your practice is located.
- Start of Financial year is also pre-populated
- Note: All these fields are editable and can be changed
5. Click Save to add the Feed Collection
- You have now created a Feed Collection.
Creating a Bank Feed
The Bank Feed Management screen is automatically displayed when a new Feed Collection is created or can be accessed from Manage Feed.
1. Click Manage Feed
2. Click Add Feed or click Share to give the client access to create a bank feed.
3. Select the Bank
The instructions will require one of the following options
Download and fill in a bank form
Direct feed - register a code online directly with the bank
Yodlee feed - requires the client’s login details to the bank
4. Click Next and complete the required fields
5. Click Add
- A form will be available to download for completion .
- Once completed either email Reckon or upload the form.
Direct Feed Example
After selecting the Bank, enter the bank account details and follow on screen instructions.
After selecting Add on the Add Feed screen
1. Go to File > File Details > Manage Feeds
The Status column displays the status of a client’s Bank Feed. The steps are stated below:
- Awaiting Form - await form to be uploaded or for the Direct Feed to be activated with the bank
- Form received - when the form is received by BankData
- Form with Bank - when form is sent to the Bank
- Active - when the first transaction is received from the bank
The Actions column allows users to:
- Download Feed form
- Upload Feed form
- View Feed details
- Delete a feed (Once a bank account is deleted, the account is no longer available in the BankData coding screen. To complete the deletion, you will also need to contact the bank to delete the feed.)
Sharing Bank Feed Management
Your clients can have access to Bank Feed Management to add and delete Bank Feeds.
1. Click +Share to share a link to the reckon portal
2. Add your clients details and customise the email.
- Your client will receive an email requesting them to set a password to the reckon portal and with a link to the Feed Collection.
Link your XPA Ledger and your Bank Feed
1. Go to XPA > File > File Details
2. Select the Ellipsis button to open the Link Feed Collection screen.
3. Select or search for a Feed Collection and double click or use the select button to select that Feed collection
There are a number of options to assist locating the feed collection:
- Click on ‘Feed Collection’ column and sort by alphabetical order
- Type in the Find field
- Sort the list by ‘Ledger Linked’ – Feeds that aren’t linked to a ledger will show unlinked (blank)
4. Set the General ledger account code against each of the bank accounts
- The XPA ledger filename is now shown in the Ledger Linked column. Where a feed is not selected against a ledger (Orphan feed), the Ledger Linked column is blank.
- A Feed Collection can only be linked to one XPA ledger. Selecting a feed collection that is linked to a different XPA ledger, will deselect it from the original ledger.
BankData is available to be launched after a Feed Collection is selected against the XPA ledger. The coding window can be accessed in 2 ways:
- Central Console > XPA Ledger band
- Select Client > Edit Mode > Select XPA ledger and right click for the Launch BankData option.
- XPA > Launch > BankData
Launching BankData will open the coding screen below. When launching BankData, if a bank feed has not had a general ledger account code assigned, the Set Bank Account window will display.
Importing QIF Transactions
This process is very useful for uploading transactions during the transition period to BankData.
Refer to KA-03367 for assistance on the Banklink extraction process.
1. Go to XPA > Launch > BankData
2. In the coding screen select the ellipses
3. Click on the Upload Transactions
4. Upload button select the .qif file and confirm the import.
- If the imported transactions are not displayed, check the selected date range includes the dates of the imported transactions.
Deleting QIF Transactions
Uncoded .qif transactions can be deleted. select Remove Transactions.
1. Go to XPA > Launch > BankData
2. In the coding screen select the Ellipses
3. Select Remove Transactions
4. Check the items you wish to remove and select the Remove Selected button
Learn more about Coding and Reports available within BankData using our BankData Coding Online article