An issue has been reported in Reckon APS where the following error is generating while testing Machine Credential under SBR Configuration window:
Test has failed: Exception [STMSenderException], Message = Fault Exception occured calling VANguard STS.
Inner Exception [FaultException], Message = ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized
This has been fixed in Reckon APS Tax 2019.7.0. If you are using a lower version the following workaround can be used.
In the interim if you would like to complete your testing with M2M Credentials please follow the below Procedure to clear the above error message.
If you are an APS Elite User Please follow the below instructions.:
1. Please close off APS Application.
2. Go to the C:\ADV2000\TaxForms\ Directory.
3. Look for a file called Aps.Applications.Tax.Australia.SBRAUSKeyConfiguration.exe.config
4. Right click on the file and open this file in Notepad or any other program available.
5. Once the file is opened please look for a Tag <add key="IsM2MCredentialsActive" value="false"/> under <AppSettings>
6. Please update the Tag’s value to true. It will look like this once you have updated it.
7. Please close the file and upon asking if you like to save the changes Please Select YES.
If you are an APS Elite and APS Reckon Tax User: Please keep Following the instructions.
8. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Advance Tax\Framework Directory.
9. Follow Instructions from Step 3 to 7 from above for the same file in this directory as well
Restart APS, and test the connection in SBR Auskey Configuration and it should pass this time. Please let us know if you are unable to pass the test, or have any issues following the above Work Around.