How to setup the Machine Credential to be used company-wide.
This feature is available from 2019.8.0 or higher.
If you have a machine credential that is to be used company-wide for all staff interaction with the ATO, a one step global setup can be configured via the Lodgement Maintenance utility. Only users who have JOE Rights to this screen can access this administrative function.
Note: For setting up a company-wide machine credential, the M2MKeystore file will need to be stored on a network directory. In the screen shot below the key store path is the location of the file (i.e. UNC path or a shared network folder). Ensure this location is accessible by all users that intend to use the company-wide Machine Credential setup.
For users who have sufficient rights, in Tax Manager, select Action > Lodgement Maintenance. The following screen will display:
- This screen will list all the machine credentials setup for the company from various machines.
- Select the specific machine profile from the list you wish to setup as a company-wide profile.
- All the details relating to the profile will be displayed on the right.
- Set the option for "Allow credential for all machines?" to be YES.
- Click Save to save the lodgement credential profile.
Once this has been setup, when a user lodges, it will now display the machine credential setup on their machine plus the company-wide credential.
If you are still on 2019.7.0 or prior, please contact APS support as 2019.8.0 is a limited release at present.
Note: By default, FortiClient VPN uses a predefined MAC address for the virtual ethernet adaptor. Due to this, a profile for the machine credential can be viewed from other machines that have the same FortiClient VPN installed. Click here for more information on FortiClient's virtual MAC addresses.