Hotfix files usually comprise of different file types contained in a .zip file for you to download. Below we explain how to install the components and what to do with any .sql scripts that may form part of the hotfix.
Step 1 - Component Installation
Instructions to install APS Hotfix files
- Extract/unzip the files to your APS Downloads folder or suitable software folder on your network.
- aps_t.mde files - Depending on how your APS environment is set up, this file must be copied to either your ADV2000 folder or in your network drive.
Step 2 - Run the version control
Some hotfix downloads may contain a version control or .mdb type file. Below are the steps to follow if a hotfix file contains a version control. If no .mdb file exists in the download then move onto step 3
- Copy the version control file into the Adv2000 folder on one workstation
- Take a backup of the aps_dsql database
- Locate the version control file you copied into the Adv2000
- Double click to run the file
- Follow onscreen instructions to upgrade the database.
- This file only needs to be run once from one workstation.
Step 3- SQL Scripts
Some hotfix downloads may contain sql scripts. Below are the steps to follow if a hotfix file contains a SQL script. If no .sql exists then your install of hotfixes is complete.
- Ensure all users are out of APS.
- Go to SQL Server Management Studio
- Take a back-up of aps_dsql database
- Copy the .sql file to a folder on the SQL Server.
- Double click on the .sql file – it will open directly on Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- It will prompt to Connect to Server, once connected
- Ensure that the aps_dsql is selected as the database
- Execute the script using the execute button
- Exit out of SQL Server Management studio.