Hotfix files usually comprise of different file types contained in a .zip file for you to download. Below we explain how to install the hotfix components for the APS product range, not all steps are required for every hotfix, take the steps applicable for the particular hotfix you are installing.
Step 1 - Component Installation
Instructions to install APS Hotfix files
- Extract/unzip the files to your APS Downloads folder or suitable software folder on your network.
Step 2 - Run the version control
Some hotfix downloads may contain a version control or .mdb type file. Below are the steps to follow if a hotfix file contains a version control. If no .mdb file exists in the download then move onto step 3
- Copy the version control file into the Adv2000 folder on one workstation
- Take a backup of the aps_dsql database
- Locate the version control file you copied into the Adv2000
- Double click to run the file
- Follow onscreen instructions to upgrade the database.
- This file only needs to be run once from one workstation.
Step 3- SQL Scripts
Some hotfix downloads may contain sql scripts. Below are the steps to follow if a hotfix file contains a SQL script. If no .sql exists then your install of hotfixes is complete.
- Ensure all users are out of APS.
- Go to SQL Server Management Studio
- Take a back-up of aps_dsql database
- Copy the .sql file to a folder on the SQL Server.
- Double click on the .sql file – it will open directly on Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- It will prompt to Connect to Server, once connected
- Ensure that the aps_dsql is selected as the database
- Execute the script using the execute button
- Exit out of SQL Server Management studio.