The purpose of this article is to assist and provide guidance in performing the configuration of SyncDirect, including Attributes, Systems Administration Settings, Security and Email Templates.
Add New SyncDirect Email Address Attribute
A new Email Attribute is now be available (SD Email). This will need to be made available within the Central Console to send Emails and Data Feed requests. As data may need to be uploaded into this field, please discuss the requirements with your APS Consultant.
System and Administration SettingsThese will be set up in consultation with your APS Consultant.
Setting Users in JOE Admin
- Log in to Central Console as an Administrator.
- Click on JOE Admin
- Select the indicated XPA user group.
- In the XPA Ledger section, highlight SyncDirect.
6. Under the Xcede Professional Accounting section, highlight SyncDirect.
Identify SyncDirect ClientsThis attribute will be added to your Client Attributes as part of the installation of SyncDirect. Clients will need to be identified as a True/False. Please discuss the requirements for the data population with your APS Consultant.
Updating Email TemplatesThe system uses Outlook OFT template files. These reside in the c:\Adv2000\EmailTemplates folder.
To edit the OFT file on a machine that has Microsoft Outlook installed and setup.
- Right click the appropriate file and choose Open.
- Edit the file as required.
- Keywords can be used to call specific fields from the database. These keywords should be enclosed in square brackets. i.e. [keyword] The key words that can be used (column 1) are:
|Datatype||The type of data to collect.|
|Dateperiod||The period of the data to collect.|
|Link||The link to start the collection email.|
|FirstName||The Clients First name/Trading As.|
|LastName||The Clients Surname/Registered name.|
|SortName||The Client sort name.|
|Salutation||The Client Salutation.|
|Title||The Clients title.|
|Partner||Client attribute 4- normally Partner.|
|Manager||Client attribute 5 – normally Manager.|
|Department||Client Attribute 6 – normally Department|
|BureauName||The name of your SyncDirect Bureau as licenced.|
|UserDefined1||Client Attribute 717 – could be relabelled.|
|UserDefined2||Client Attribute 718 – could be relabelled.|
All ‘client’ attributes refer to the Practice Management client record.
Example: For a data feed email.
Example: For an email request.
6. Highlight the edited .OFT file and choose to save and replace the original file when prompted.
- Be aware that as soon as you pick the .OFT extension, it may redirect and folder path you have picked. Check the path before you save the new .OFT file.