What is APS Cloud Services?The APS cloud application service enables all practice users the accessibility of the firm’s data through our APS cloud applications on any device with an internet connection.
Which applications use APS Cloud Services?The following APS Cloud Services applications are available:
- NZ Tax - Retrieve Transactional Data Services (TDS) from the IRD directly to your tax application, and prepare and lodge GST Returns in the Cloud.
- Bank Data - An integrated service (available with XPA 11) within the ledger that allows you to connect directly to the client’s bank and import their transactions seamlessly into the XPA ledger.
- Practice Management - The following applications are available in PM 11 or above
- Cloud Timesheets
- This incorporates a web browser interface for timesheet entry, as well as a mobile application. The browser provides the flexibility to access timesheets anywhere, anytime, on any device. The mobile application (available from the Apple or Android App Store) allows timesheets on a mobile device, utilizing voice recognition to complete timesheet narrations.
- This application allows you to view and update key client data in the cloud to your practice management solution. This data is also available for connected partners to integrate using APIs.This is the start of the next generation APS+ cloud suite of software.
- User Management+
- User Management defines users, their roles, and what they can access in the cloud.
- Workflow + - A way to manage workflow, allows team collaboration, manages jobs and tasks to ensure work commitments get out on time.
Is my data secure?All APS cloud data is secured in ISO certified AWS Data Centers.
Where is the cloud data stored?All data is stored securely in AWS in the Australian region.
If data is synchronized with the APS on-premise PM database how often does that occur?This is product dependent, but most sync is near ‘real time’
- Contacts+ within seconds
- Cloud Timesheets within minutes.
Is it difficult to install?No, complete instructions are available in our Cloud Services Installation guide
How long will it take our IT to install?After registering with APS and receiving the tenant information (allow 5 days), the installation of the cloud services should take less than 2 hours.
How are upgrades handled?Maintenance to APS cloud services will be communicated in advance to the email notification address specified, notifying when scheduled maintenance services will be completed. The disruption will be kept to a minimum and completed after hours. Cloud Services themselves are self-updating and will update overnight as required. We have also invested in in-application system status for all APS+ applications to further keep all users up to date in real-time.
Will we be notified if cloud services are down?Yes, you will be notified of any significant issues via the email supplied for cloud services registration. We are committed to 99% up-time.
Is there a single sign on for cloud applications?Yes, we currently use AWS Cognito for authentication & this will be extended to support single sign on using Office 365 later in 2020.
Is APS cloud services limited to just one email notification address?Yes, we suggest using an email address for a distribution list where more than one person requires notification.
How do we update and change the Email Notification address if needed?You can request this from our Support team. Log a new case to request the change.
Is there application security for features and functions for cloud applications?Yes, User Management security model controls users and product access. Additional application level security is in place for each APS+ application
Can we use the APS data security model with the APS Cloud Services?
With Client Hub v1, yes. Contacts + has additional application security and replaces the need for the Security Model.