An issue has been reported in Reckon APS Tax 2020.1.0 where the following errors are triggered for some individual returns with share rental:
CauseThe shared rental hasn’t been distributed properly. In Husband’s return, it shows his 50% but not his wife’s 50% share.
ResolutionThis issue has been fixed in Reckon APS Tax 2020.3.0
Workaround 1:Click on Refresh Validation and the errors would clear.
1. Remove the rental property in Husband’s return.
2. Remove Husband’s share in Wife’s return.
3. Add Husband’s share as 40% for the rental property. Synchronise.
4. Check if both Wife and Husband’s share showing in Husband’s return.
5. If it’s showing, go back to Wife’s return and change the percentage to 50% for Husband. Synchronise.
6. You should see 50% for Wife and 50% for Husband for the shared rental in Husband’s return. And no error.