This article discusses the different symptoms of XPA ledger corruption that you may experience and looks at some solutions that could resolve some of these problems.
SymptomsCommon errors that may occur in XPA due to ledger corruption include:
- Disk I/O error
- Unrecognised database format
- Primary Key not in index
- Run-time error 3043
- Microsoft Jet database engine error
- Not a valid bookmark
Step 1 - Exclude APS folders from anti-virus scansThe Adv2000 and other XPA folders should be exempt from any Anti-virus scans
- Remove the Adv2000 and any other XPA ledger folders from your Anti-virus scan. Find out which folders here
Step 2 - Access bugMicrosoft are aware of a bug in Access (XPA Ledgers are access databases) and have a workaround available
- Review the workaround steps outlined in the Microsoft article here
- These steps will need to be taken by your IT provider as they are system changes.
Step 3 - Review Group Policies
Review Group Policies related to mapped drives
- Selecting the Group Policy for mapped drives to create will stop the momentary loss of mapped drives preventing writing to the disk.
- See our article on Error 3043